I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, July 15, 2011

30 weeks and counting

So i thought Id better update on the pregnancy because the last 8 months i have not!
1st trimester:
It sure was not the most prettiest! I had major break outs, morning sickness and felt like i had insomnia! Not an exageration. I normally had snow shoed with all the girls by 9:00 and now i was lucky if Kapri got fed by noon. But that first 12 wks came and went super fast. By week 12 I could no longer button up my pants and was feeling like I was already hiding something in my shirt.
2nd trimester:
The first wk of this phase we headed out to vegas.. Left Kapri home with grandma (for the first time) saved a crap load of money and dustin took work off. The second we landed in Vegas... Horror struck. We ended up spending 8 hr, and half of our life's savings and all our sanity in the er right off the strip with the rest of the drug dealers of America. The diagnosis was rough.. I had an incomplete cervix and the pregnancy was going to be lost. It was just a waiting game from there on out to see how bad it was going to be when it all took place. So I phoned my doc back home and had ultrasounds and blood worked all sent back to jackson while I lied on my back in the Trump in Vegas! my doctors didn't want me flying back incase of an emergency and so it was all just a waiting game. Meanwhile the weather in Vegas was HORRIBLE. 40mph winds and pool closed down, dustin and I were stuck on the 35 floor with only room service to rack up.
second half to this story. After getting home and recieving what felt like an undecided decision of a preisthood blessing.. and many many doctor apts later. Still the pregnancy was progressing. We had normal ultrasounds and everything seemed to be normal. Weeks obviously went by and the further along we got into the pregnancy the better off we would be if there was a threatened miscarage. ( or after 20 wks is pre term labor)
Going into the ultra sound room Dustin just knew what the answer would be in the back of his head and so did I (through maternal and spiritual instinct). Yes the doctor said you are having a GIRL. Mom and Kapri were all smiles, and I could just see the concern in DUstins eyes. Not much was said that rest of the day about how he felt I just knew he had to let it sink in. ANother girl, another emotional girl, another emotional girl in OUr home. He was scared and I just let it be. Now that we know she is coming so soon and have her named picked out and can feel her little spirit around, it feels so right.
I started showing with this one much much sooner than i did with Kapri. I would say around 4 or 5 months is when i switched over to some maternity pants and belly bands. My belly button poked out at 5 months which was quite akward to hide in all my shirts. But to say the least I felt okay through this first half.
Subsequent pregnancy are not as glamourous as I thought id would be. And no one told me that. I felt like an old man, with many many problems. I would get out of the shower and have a regimn or ointment for everything! I ached and stomach stretched like i could not believe. I will never be that in shape before having another baby again. I would rather have a loose stomach to let it all hang out!
3

No comments:

Post a Comment